Broken or worn windshield wipers can be quite dangerous in bad weather. When the wipers can no longer clear the windshield, you’re going to have a hard time seeing the road.
That’s why we can’t emphasize this enough: replace your worn wipers ASAP! Doing so will restore your wipers’ ability to clear the windshield of rain, snow, etc. in bad weather.
You don’t even have to bring your Volkswagen to a shop to replace the wipers. It’s so much faster and cheaper to replace them yourself. In fact, it only takes a few minutes. We’ll walk you through the process of replacing the wipers on your VW:
1. Order OEM Replacement Windshield Wipers Online
You should always use OEM windshield wipers for the reasons listed here. When you're shopping for a set of OEM replacement wipers, you have two options:
- Pay an inflated price at a VW dealership
- Order genuine OEM windshield wipers from us at wholesale pricing
The second option is so much easier and cheaper.
Skip The Dealership And Order Online
Let's say you walk into a VW dealership with the intention to buy OEM wipers. They might trying to persuade you to have them replace the wipers for you. Having a dealership take care of the job is, quite frankly, a huge waste of money. Replacing the wipers is such a quick and easy job a 10-year-old could do it.
Dealerships charge a lot of money for labor. They usually charge $100/hour. They also tend to charge a minimum of one hour, even if the job takes only a few minutes. So you'd be paying the dealership a full hour's worth of labor for a job that takes about 2 minutes.
So if you visit a VW dealership, you'd:
- Pay inflated prices for replacement windshield wipers
- Pay for labor too
Sound like a lose-lose situation. It's so much quicker, easier, and cheaper to order your replacement wipers online. You'll save a lot of money by ordering from us. Let's take a look at a couple of our best sellers:
- This wiper blade for select 2015-2019 VW models is $13 cheaper on our website
- This wiper blade for 2012-2019 Passat models is $7 cheaper on our website
2. Replace The Windshield Wipers
Once you have your replacement wipers, set aside a few minutes to replace the wipers on your VW. To do this, take the following steps:
- On one of your windshield wipers, find a little square tab at the top of the wiper arm. Push the tab, and then pull out the old wiper blade. Repeat with the other wiper.
- Grab one of the new wiper blades and then find the tab in the center.
- Push the tab into the top of the wiper arm. Make sure that the push tab pops back up in the square hole.
That’s all! It’s as easy as it sounds!
If you need help finding a set of replacement wipers for your Volkswagen, please reach out to us. We’ll be happy to assist you!