The 84th Geneva International Motor Show in 2014 set the perfect stage for the unveiling of a new Volkswagen Polo lineup with more charisma than ever before. These models showed up with new technology and features for a more exciting driving experience. The world premiere included the new Polo TSI BlueMotion, Polo TDI BlueMotion, Polo BlueGT, and CrossPolo models.
Overview of new Polo Models:
- Polo TSI BlueMotion is the world’s most fuel efficient five-seater with a gasoline powered engine.
- Polo TDI BlueMotion is the world’s most fuel efficient five-seater with a diesel engine.
- Polo TDI BlueMotion has a 1,400 kilometer (869.92 mile) driving range.
- Polo BlueGT features cylinder management with a 10 PS higher power output.
- CrossPolo comes in new colors, features, and interior options.
- Electro-mechanical power steering improves performance and comfort.
- Sport select chassis has electronically switchable silencers.
- Features the introduction of high-tech automatic post-collision braking system and optional front assist with city emergency parking.
- Redesigned touchscreen infotainment system will make the Polo the first VW with MirrorLink.
Here are the models at a glance:
Polo BlueMotion – In the past, the most efficient five-seater only came as a turbo diesel, but drivers will get a chance to buy a turbo gas version by the end of the year. The engine in the new gasoline version will be a three-cylinder — the first time this engine is being used by Volkswagen.
Polo BlueGT – By using cylinder shut-off technology, this trim will offer maximum performance combined with maximum efficiency.
CrossPolo – This trim will address the demand of customers who want a customized off-road look without losing on-road characteristics. The CrossPolo now comes in more colors, has new interior materials, a new kind of wheel, and smoked taillights.
R-Line Package – The R-Line program is available for the Polo Highline and Polo Comfortline. R-Line packages offer new exterior and interior options like sports seats, special steering wheels, and a special bumper.